Agile Business Analyst
Prezzee is a digital gift card and payments business operating in Australia, the United States and the United Kingdom. Founded in 2014 to evolve the art of gifting, in Australia we now offer the largest marketplace for e-Gift cards. We have 200+ retail partners, and have reached over 21 million consumers so far.
Listed 15th on the Deloitte Tech Fast 50 in 2020, and considered the 5th fastest growing tech company in Australia in 2019, Prezzee has doubled the team size and expanded into 4 new markets with a record growth of 519% compared to 2019, achieving incredible commercial success.
At Prezzee we are givers, and when you give it comes from the heart. Our values demonstrate how we connect the heart and the head. As one team, we shoot for the stars, transforming gifting into a magical experience and delivering happiness one ‘Prezzee’ at a time, everytime to achieve our strategic ambitions.
We are looking to appoint an Agile Business Analyst to ensure we deliver on the product and technology roadmap that underpins our strategic plan, one that is looking to disrupt the gift card and payments market globally.
As the Agile Business Analyst, you will work as part of the delivery team to facilitate clear and open communication between business stakeholders, developers and the product owner. The Agile BA is also expected to support Quality Assurance (QA) where needed. This role provides a major contribution to enhancing the development team’s overall capacity to meet the information technology needs of Prezzee.
You will be a conceptual thinker and an effective communicator. You know how to build and maintain a shared understanding amongst the team and your stakeholders. You will focus on outcomes over output - the ‘why’, as you know how to get to the detail and see every solution from the eyes of the customer, to bring our strategic outcome to life.
What you will do at Prezzee:
- Work with the business on high quality solutions, including the Product team and Tech team stakeholders to lead and facilitate business requirements gathering, ensuring high quality and adequate coverage.
- Engage with end users and subject matter experts to identify, develop, document, validate and endorse the requirements (both business, functional and non-functional requirements).
- Deliver business solution design documentation requirements or user stories, producing the relevant artefacts to ensure traceability of design principles.
- Consult with the business and product owners to prioritise and shape the product backlog, using Agile practices for prioritisation around business value.
- Contribute to the determination of the test approach, and test cases.
- Be responsible for providing multi-disciplinary teams with user stories and coaching to define the business-driven acceptance criteria and test cases.
- Consult with and advise product managers when defining product release content and timelines, applying product development principles, innovative thinking and a focus around the customer or user experience.
- Participate in and facilitate relevant Agile ceremonies and rituals: Backlog Refinement, Daily Stand-up, Iteration / Release Planning, Showcases / Sprint Review, Retrospective.
- Apply Agile frameworks, techniques and processes and overlay agile reporting and governance to deliver incremental value to areas of responsibility.
- Provide subject matter expertise in specific functional area(s) for assigned Scrum team.
- Utilise Lean Principles that ensure effective delivery of value to customers. Consider and apply process efficiencies within the sphere of influence, eliminating waste and maintaining continuous flow based on customer demand.
- Apply ‘Design Thinking’ principles such as ‘customer empathy’, ‘creative collaboration’ and ‘test & learn’ approaches, ensuring solutions address customer needs and are viable and feasible for the business.
- Strive to hear the voice of the customer using Agile and customer centered design principles (CCD) to reduce the risk of failure in the market and to enable incremental innovation to exceed customer expectations.
- Provide functional design input to integration design and maintenance requirements.
- Provide high-level technical expertise to business stakeholders to support relevant partner organisations and business stakeholders.
- Maintain focus on industry and technical trends to enable evaluation and recommendation of changes to application development, maintenance and integration.
A little bit about yourself:
- You love what you do second only to putting the customer at the front of every decision.
- You thrive in growth businesses – you understand the growth agenda and are able to move at pace to achieve ambitious growth plans and objectives.
- You are comfortable working in an environment where systems and processes have not been fully developed yet.
- You demonstrate Agile behaviours that emphasises collaboration, delivery, reflection and improvement.
- You want to help build a global business knowing this will involve, at times, long hours, much travel, lots of discussions and debates, being challenged and challenging back.
- You will be energetic, enthusiastic yet considered and calm under pressure.
- You are able to speak up and be heard, you are driven, and ready to really make you mark on a global scale, thriving on success.
- You get things done - you understand the need to achieve both company and personal goals even when they may not align from time to time.
On the technical side, you have:
- Experience in a Business / Systems Analysis or Quality Assurance role is ideal but not essential – it’s about what you can bring to the role, your career story and aspirations.
- Experience in transforming a business as it scales and grows, ideally having had some experience in a fast growth fin-tech Company (or both). High level payments experience would be an additional bonus.
- A degree in IT / Computer Science or an equivalent accreditation.
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing.
- Experience in analysing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualisation techniques and tools.
- Solid experience ‘Agile’ methodologies and experience working with developers.
- Solid knowledge in generating process documentation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills.
At Prezzee, we are givers. Our products enable gift-giving, but we are so much more than that. Our values are the wrapping paper around our ideal shared people experiences. Our values are to give openness, give greatness, give magic, and most of all, always give a damn.
- You will work alongside an experienced team who will challenge you every day (and expect you to challenge them back).
- We run an incentive scheme based on both company-wide targets because we are all in the same boat, as well as individual KPIs
- There are generous benefits including an employee referral program and staff discounts.
- Our office has great facilities including end-of-trip facilities for those of you that like to exercise or ride to/from work.
- We have regular virtual and face-to-face events to help us bond and maintain our community vibe.
Work-life integration and genuine flexibility is our natural norm. Health, safety, and wellbeing is important too – it always comes first. So whilst we prefer to be connected and have our people work on-site, we work hard to support Covid-19 safe work practices, also accommodating the different lifestyles of our team members so that everyone is set up for success and empowered to do their best work either in the office or at home.