Prezzee is a digital gift card and payments business operating in Australia, the United States and the United Kingdom. Founded in 2014 to evolve the art of gifting, in Australia we now offer the largest marketplace for e-Gift cards. We have 200+ retail partners, and have reached over 21 millions consumers so far.
Listed 15th on the Deloitte Tech Fast 50 in 2020, and considered the 5th fastest growing tech company in Australia in 2019, Prezzee has doubled the team size and expanded into 4 new markets with a record growth of 519% compared to 2019, achieving incredible commercial success.
At Prezzee we are givers, and when you give it comes from the heart. Our values demonstrate how we connect the heart and the head. As one team, we shoot for the stars, transforming gifting into a magical experience and delivering happiness one ‘Prezzee’ at a time, everytime to achieve our strategic ambitions.
To continue to drive this growth we are looking to appoint an Enterprise Architect to provide strategic IT Architecture direction on business Improvement Initiatives in support of the overall business and IT strategy. This is an exciting role as our lead on best practice for system design, providing technology leadership and support for Prezzee’s future plans, providing your technical expertise to prove concepts and support project teams. Most notably this role will be the driving force in transforming our existing platform into a microservices architecture to ensure the scalability and composability of our technology services and delivery teams.
What you will do at Prezzee:
- As a natural influencer and leader, you’ll be able to support the business in defining their vision, especially where it impacts technology, as well as build effective stakeholder relationships at all levels whilst communicating complex technical information.
- Take ownership of the definition and delivery of our technology architecture strategy including reference architecture, and designing, refining and uplifting our system architecture to meet the expectation of our customers and to achieve business scale and agility.
- Prove critical capability, helping our technology teams understand how we should structure our technology solutions to stay future fit, compliant and best in market as we scale up.
- You will also play a critical role in helping us to drive technology uplift and innovation across all of our products.
- Remain current with technologies and architectures, including AWS Services, to ensure our platforms and services continuously improve and engineering teams are engaged and informed in relation to architecture trends and best-practices.
- Be the authority on service design patterns and operations design, particularly in relation to microservices, both through containerisation and serverless technologies, advising and supporting our engineers to build reliable, scalable and reusable services.
A little bit about yourself:
- You love what you do second only to putting the customer at the front of every decision.
- You are very comfortable working across multiple teams and stakeholders.
- You thrive in growth businesses – you understand the growth agenda and are able to move at pace to achieve ambitious growth plans and objectives.
- You are comfortable working in an environment where systems and processes continue to mature and evolve and enjoy playing a part in this evolution.
- You want to help build a global business knowing this will involve, at times, long hours, lots of discussions and debates, being challenged, and challenging back.
- You will be energetic, enthusiastic yet considered and calm under pressure.
- You are able to speak up and be heard, you are driven, and ready to really make your mark on a global scale, thriving on success.
- You get things done - you are analytical, organised, and manage competing priorities with ease.
- You have a sense of urgency and, through a commercial mindset, genuinely see Prezzee maintaining its market leadership and position of first-mover advantage.
- You can embed an agile way of working that will allow for a ‘growth mindset’.
On the technical side, you have:
- Advanced experience with AWS technologies and services.
- Proven experience designing and leading the implementation of microservices
- The ability to establish the governance frameworks necessary to successfully manage a microservices architecture.
- Experience with containerisation technologies.
- Experience with serverless technologies such as AWS Lambda, Kinesis and DynamoDB.
- Significant experience in customer-facing Digital environments, incorporating security, high-availability, and low latency.
- Experience within a true CI/CD environment with an advanced understanding of what is required architecturally to make it successful.
At Prezzee, we are givers. Our products enable gift-giving, but we are so much more than that. Our values are the wrapping paper around our ideal shared people experiences. Our values are to give openness, give greatness, give magic, and most of all, always give a damn.
Some extra goodies
- You will work alongside an experienced team who will challenge you every day (and expect you to challenge them back).
- We run an incentive scheme based on both company-wide targets because we are all in the same boat, as well as individual KPIs
- There are generous benefits including an employee referral program and staff discounts.
- Our office has great facilities including end-of-trip facilities for those of you that like to exercise or ride to/from work.
- We have regular virtual and face-to-face events to help us bond and maintain our community vibe.
Work-life integration and genuine flexibility is our natural norm. Health, safety, and wellbeing is important too – it always comes first. So whilst we prefer to be connected and have our people work on-site, we work hard to support Covid-19 safe work practices, also accommodating the different lifestyles of our team members so that everyone is set up for success and empowered to do their best work either in the office or at home.